- The dictionary provides 500 notes on spelling, grammar and pronunciation; 1,100 synonyms and antonyms and 13,000 example sentences.
- Words like 'google, 'microblogging, 'youth club', 'WalkmanTM, 'webcam', and many more have been taken from current usage of English.
- The English base of the dictionary, taken from the Oxford Essential Dictionary, has been adapted for Indian readers.
- To make the dictionary more user-friendly detailed definitions and one-word equivalents in Assamese have been included for words that needed to be explained further for example, 'cafeteria', 'calendar', 'microscope' and 'website'.
- Words like 'alarm clock, 'call centre', and 'shopping centre', which do not have equivalent Assamese words, have been explained by detailed definitions.
- The Assamese translation is simple and reflects the current usage of the language.
- A pronunciation guide using the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) is given for help in pronunciation.
This dictionary contains more than 24,000 entries, related phrases, idioms, derivatives and words with irregular forms, and more than 200 illustrations. Like our other Bilingual Dictionaries, this has been specially compiled for learners of English, teachers, translators and general readers.