- To make the dictionary more useful for the learners, words from different fields have been included with their detailed definitions and one-word equivalents in Hindi, for example, 'joie de vivre', 'amphitheater', 'monochrome' and 'ophthalmology'.
- The Hindi translation is simple and reflects the current usage of the language.
- All the entries have been provided with their pronunciation in the Devanagari script.
- A list of verbs with irregular forms has been added as an appendix for advanced learners of English.
- Grammatical information on irregular nouns, verbs and adjectives has been provided.
- Variant and alternative spellings have been provided.
This dictionary contains more than 20,000 entries and their derivatives with detailed translations in Hindi. Like our other Bilingual Dictionaries, this has been specially compiled as a quick reference guide for learners of English, teachers, translators and general readers. Given its small size and light weight, it can be easily carried into classrooms.