This dictionary contains more than 50,000 up-to-date entries and related phrases and idioms; words with irregular forms and more than 200 illustrations. Like our other Bilingual Dictionaries, this has been specially compiled for learners of English, teachers, translators and general readers.
- The English base of the dictionary, taken from the Oxford Student's Dictionary, has been adapted for Indian readers.
- Covers a wide range of scientific and technical vocabulary.
- Includes words relevant to the Indian subcontinent.
- To make the dictionary more user-friendly detailed definitions and one-word equivalents in Marathi have been included for words that needed to be explained further for example, 'calorie', 'camcorder', 'microchip' and 'website'.
- The Marathi translation is simple and reflects the current usage of the language.
- A pronunciation guide using the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) along with their Marathi equivalents is given for help in pronunciation.
- A separate section on Quick Grammar Reference has been added to the appendix for advanced learners of English.