Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
We are committed to supporting education at all levels – from helping young children learn to read and write to supporting academic research – by publishing and distributing the highest quality content as widely as possible across the world.
Beginning in the sixteenth century we are one of the oldest university presses in the world; and now the largest with about 6,000 employees across more than 50 countries. We publish more than 6,000 new publications a year.
As well as providing educational resources we are also able to support education in other ways. We make academic content available for free online in developing countries. A portion of our annual surplus is used by the University to support student scholarship funds and research, ensuring that the fruits of our business success, borne out of our educational mission, are ploughed back into the heart of education.
In Japan, we pursue our mission and support teachers, their students and education in many ways. These include:
- ETJ（General Sponsorship of ETJ ( English Teachers in Japan)
- Support and membership of various teaching organizations including JALT, JACET, JERA and many more.
Unparalleled materialsin print and digital formats for use in and out of the classroom
- Workshops and presentations for teachers throughout the year
- Oxford Teachers' Academy - Training programs for professional development
- Oxford Teachers' Club* - Free teacher resources both online and in print
- Resources - a bank of thousands of high-quality resources to dip into and use in class.
- Professional Development - information and advice to support your professional development.
Oxford Kids' Club - A Service for Teachers of Children in Japan
The Oxford Kids' Club is a free service to teachers of children in Japan that is now part of Oxford Teachers' Club. Through this club, Oxford endeavors to make a positive contribution to English education in Japan. To join, register for Oxford Teachers' Club and check the "Kids' Club" box under "Club Interests".
In addition to full access to the materials available in Oxford Teachers Club, Oxford Kids' Club members are entitled to the following benefits and special offers:
- A Welcome Pack for new members including lots of fun and useful goodies
- Special "Kids' Club" discounts at selected events
- Notification of Kids' Club events
- Free newsletters throughout the year including teaching tips and advice, interviews and articles by authors, contests and classroom activities.
The benefits of membership in the Kids' Club are just a few examples of Oxford's commitment to education, quality and service. For more information about how to join, please contact us at the Tokyo office or phone ELT Sales & Services: (03) 5444-5454. E-mail: email@example.com.Please note these clubs are FREE. There is no application fee or annual fee.
Academic Email Alerts
Specialist information on books for academics, researchers, libraries and bookstores.