ELT Consultant (Tokyo Office)
The successful candidate will join our motivated and experienced bilingual sales and marketing team and be responsible for generating sales of Oxford University Press ELT products to schools.
This is a key position requiring a highly organized, motivated, and forward-thinking team player.
- The main areas of activity are:
- Contacting and visiting Japanese and foreign teachers of English in Japan to promote educational materials and close sales
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers in English and Japanese language
- Researching and understanding the market and customer needs and trends
- Travelling extensively in the region
- Attending and setting up sales events
- The successful candidate must:
- Be a native speaker of Japanese or English
- Be interested in English language education
- Be comfortable and competent in using both languages on the phone and mail
- Be a college or university graduate
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and be able to work independently
- Enjoy a challenging job and solving problems
- Be able to communicate with teachers and colleagues both in English and Japanese
- Be fit healthy and able to travel extensively alone
- Have a full Japanese driving licence and be confident in driving
Having experience of working in sales or in a corporate environment would be a distinct advantage, as would experience teaching English.
For all candidates the ability to communicate in the foreign language (English or Japanese) is a higher priority than a formal qualification. However, this position requires the ability to read and write in Japanese, so we would expect non-Japanese applicants to have knowledge of Kanji equivalent to that required by the Japanese Language Proficiency Test level 2 or above.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae in English and Japanese, with a letter of application and current salary expectations by post to;
Ms. Akita, Oxford University Press Japan,
3F Sotetsu Tamachi Building,
4-17-5 Shiba, Minato-Ku, Tokyo 108-8386