ISBN : 9780198811824
Do your students understand the difference between murder and manslaughter?
Are they confused by the concept of mens rea and accessorial liability?
Criminal Law Directions tackles these and many more questions, introducing students to this exciting area of law.
The Directions series has been written with students in mind. The ideal guide as they approach the subject for the first time, this book will help them:
· Gain a complete understanding of the topic: just the right amount of detail conveyed clearly
· Understand the law in context: with scene-setting introductions and highlighted case extracts, the practical importance of the law becomes clear
· Identify when and how to critically evaluate the law: they'll be introduced to the key areas of debate and given the confidence to question the law
· Deepen and test knowledge: visually engaging learning and self-testing features aid understanding and help students tackle assessments with confidence
· Elevate their learning: with the ground-work in place you can aspire to take learning to the next level, with direction provided on how to go further
1 Introduction to criminal law; 2 Actus reus; 3 Mens rea; 4 Strict, vicarious, and corporate liability; 5 Murder and voluntary manslaughter; 6 Involuntary manslaughter; 7 Non-fatal offences against the person; 8 Sexual offences; 9 Theft; 10 Other offences against property; 11 Fraud; 12 Drugs offences; 13 Defences I: incapacity and negating the elements of the offence; 14 Defences II: general defences; 15 Inchoate offences; 16 Accessorial liability; 17 Study skills