This dictionary contains more than 50,000 up-to-date entries and related phrases and idioms; words with irregular forms and more than 200 illustrations. Like our other Bilingual Dictionaries, this has been specially compiled for learners of English, teachers, translators and general readers.
- The English base of the dictionary, taken from the Oxford Students Dictionary, has been adapted for Indian readers.
- A wide range of scienti?c and technical vocabulary has been included.
- Words from current usage, including Indian English have been added.
- Detailed meanings and synonyms in English and Bengali have been provided.
- Words like calorie, camera, dashboard, and X-ray which do not have equivalent Bengali words have been explained by detailed definitions.
- Many words such as computer, multimedia, software and smart card have been written out in Bengali to show that such words have now been included in the language.
- The Bengali translation is simple and re?ects the current usage of the language.
- A pronunciation guide using the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) along with their Bengali equivalents is given for help in pronunciation.
- A list of sufixes and prefixes translated in Bengali and a list of all verbs with irregular forms have been added to the appendix for advanced learners of English.