ISBN : 9780190244187
Pediatric palliative care is a field of significant growth as health care systems recognize the benefits of palliative care in areas such as neonatal intensive care, pediatric ICU, and chronic pediatric illnesses. Pediatric Palliative Care, the fourth volume in the HPNA Palliative Nursing Manuals series, highlights key issues related to the field. Chapters address pediatric hospice, symptom management, pediatric pain, the neonatal intensive care unit, transitioning goals of care between the emergency department and intensive care unit, and grief and bereavement in pediatric palliative care. The content of the concise, clinically-focused volumes in the HPNA Palliative Nursing Manuals series prepares nurses for certification exams as well as quick-reference in daily practice. Plentiful tables and patient teaching points make these volumes useful resources for nurses.
1. Pediatric Hospice and Palliative Care
2. Symptom Management in Pediatric Palliative Care
3. Pediatric Pain: Knowing the Child Before You
4. Palliative Care in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
5. Pediatric Care: Transitioning Goals of Care in the Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, and In Between
6. Grief and Bereavement in Pediatric Palliative Care