ISBN : 9780199681952
Executive coaching is a professional and personal development intervention that organizations introduce to address and improve those areas in managers and leaders behavior, attitude, and interactions with others that do not allow him/her to work at full potential and also to further improve one's own strengths. The end objective, besides the development of the managers and leaders, is for the organization to benefit in the long-run from the coachee's improved performance. The book provides a comprehensive overview of the executive coaching field both in terms of practice and in terms of relevant research on executive coaching outcomes. It assesses the empirical research on executive coaching outcomes and links the executive coaching field with the fields of leadership and leadership development. The book will be of value to both practitioners (coaches, HR professionals, executives, consultants etc.), academics and researchers with an interest in coaching or leadership development.
1. What is Coaching and Executive Coaching?
2. Competing/Complementary Theoretical Approaches
3. Implementing Executive Coaching
4. Executive Coaching Impact: Evidence, Standards and Success Criteria
5. Current Debates, Future Trends
6. Leadership Theories and their Links to EC
7. Reflections on the Role of EC in Leadership Development and Management Education
8. Conclusions and the future of EC research