ISBN : 9780199662968
Oxford Studies in Normative Ethics is an annual forum for new work in normative ethical theory. Leading philosophers present original contributions to our understanding of a wide range of moral issues and positions, from analysis of competing approaches to normative ethics (including moral realism, constructivism, and expressivism) to questions of how we should act and live well. OSNE will be an essential resource for scholars and students working in moral philosophy.
List of Contributors
1. Permissions to do less than the best: A moving band
2. What the objective standard is good for
3. Subjective normativity and action guidance
4. Actualism, possibilism, and beyond
5. Intention, permissibility, and double effect
6. Kantian intuitionism as a framework for the justification of moral judgments
7. An uncompromising connection between practical reason and morality
8. Coercion and integrity
9. The best expression of welfarism
10. Rawlsian self-respect
11. Exploring alternatives to the simple model: Is there an atomistic option?
12. Moral dumbfounding and moral stupidity