ISBN : 9780199564040
Brownlie's Documents on Human Rights provides an extensive collection of key documents covering all elements of the subject, accompanied by authoritative commentary and bibliographic annotation. The result is a clear and accurate set of the most important human rights instruments adopted by the United Nations and its agencies, by regional organisations, and other actors in the field. This text contains the essentials for a thorough study of human rights, mapping well onto both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. It provides the convenience of an indispensable 'one-stop' collection for research and reference, for practitioners and students alike, with guidance from the leading experts in the field.
1. Standard-setting by the United Nations organisation
2. Implementation and standard-setting in conventions sponsored by the United Nations
3. Contribution of the International Labour Organization
4. Contribution of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization
8. Arab and other Islamic States
10. The concept of equality