ISBN : 9780190877477
Navigating Life with Parkinson's Disease is a guide for anyone affected by Parkinson's, providing useful information to those with Parkinson's and their caregivers, family, and friends. This extensively revised second edition contains up-to-date information on recent research and the latest adaptive equipment available to those living with Parkinson's disease. Discussing available treatments and providing practical advice, this book emphasizes lifestyle adjustments that provide a better quality of life for patients and their loved ones.
The material is organized so that chapters can be read sequentially or individually, and the index and glossary facilitate the use of the book as a quick reference. Q&A sections, thoughts from people living with Parkinson's and Ask the Experts boxes address often-overlooked topics in physician-directed disease management, such as how to talk to family and friends about one's life with Parkinson's.
Promoting a patient-centered approach, Navigating Life with Parkinson Disease empowers patients and their families to manage their health care.
About the AAN's Brain & Life Book Series
Preface to the Second Edition
2. What Is It? Why Me?
3. The Motor Symptoms
4. The Non-Motor Symptoms
6. How Will My Life Change?
7. Disease Management: General Principles, Medications, and Surgery
8. Disease Management: Rehabilitation Therapy, Assistive Devices, and Adaptive Equipment
9. Disease Management: Specific Symptoms
10. Lifestyle Changes and Disease Management
12. The Care Partner
13. Community Involvement, Advocacy, and Resources
14. Planning For Your Future: Managing Your Personal Affairs
ABOUT THE AUTHORS AND CONTRIBUTORS
ABOUT THE AAN