ISBN : 9780878936595
Denying Evolution aims at taking a fresh look at the evolution-creation controversy, dividing the blame equally between creationists and scientists: the former for subscribing to various forms of anti-intellectualism, the latter for discounting science education and presenting science as scientism to the public and the media.
Prologue: or How I Got into this Mess
1. Where Did the Controversy Come From?
2. Evolution's Creationism 101
3. One Side of the Coin: The Dangers of Anti-intellectualism
4. Scientific Fundamentalism and True Nature of Science
5. Creationist Fallacies
6. Three Major Controversies
7. Scientific Fallacies
8. What Do We Do About It?
Coda: The Controversy That Never Ends
Appendix A. Introduction to and Excerpts from David Hume's Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion, Where the Topic of Intelligent Design is Discussed Most Thoroughly
Appendix B. Bryan's Last Speech