- Written by two distinguished authors, this is the trusted and established guide to legal method and skills for undergraduate students
- Provides dedicated guidance on areas students find difficult including statutory interpretation, ratio decidendi, and obiter dictum
- Takes a practical approach with exercises and questions throughout so students can confirm their understanding and develop their legal reasoning skills
New to this Edition:
- A brand new chapter on 'Constructing the legal argument' guides students through the process of developing their arguments in essay writing and other medium
- The dedicated European legal method chapter has been thoroughly updated to inform students on Brexit, and explain how EU law will exist in the UK post-Brexit
Written by leading authors with extensive experience in both teaching and practice, this established and trusted title equips the student with all the techniques of legal research, analysis, and argument they will need for their law course and beyond. Holland & Webb take an engaging and practical approach with examples and exercises throughout which allow students to develop their knowledge and their reasoning skills making this an ideal text for first year students.
Learning Legal Rules
is accompanied by online resources, complete with 200 multiple choice questions with feedback for students
. In order to gain access to the instructor resources
, you must be a lecturer and have adopted the relevant textbook for one of your courses.