ISBN : 9780190676575
An insightful and in-depth analysis of the state of Germany's economic and social policies and Germany's role as reluctant hegemon in Europe.
PART I: THE FIRST ILLUSION: A SECOND GERMAN ECONOMIC MIRACLE?
2. From sick man of Europe to economic superstar
3. The employment miracle
4. The export world champion
5. A fiscally virtuous government?
6. The investment gap
7. The divided country
8. The refugee crisis
PART II: THE SECOND ILLUSION: GERMANY DOES NOT NEED EUROPE?
9. Germany's role during the European crisis
10. The importance of the euro for Europe
11. Germany, the euro and the European Central Bank
12. Germany as Europe's reluctant hegemon